Big Gene's Bait Camp

Dilapidated apartment on Clear Lake. One old man and his master, Krispy the Cat. Photos of Galveston Bay from Seabrook Flats at various times, and also Clear Lake.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Afternoon Update

Winds are picking up a little, and my wind gauges around Galveston Bay indicate 25-30 mph from the NE. Pressure is dropping as you would expect. Rita's eye is still about 100 miles SE of Galveston and has been rated Cat 3 now. Anticipated turn to the north has not yet occurred. According to weather gurus, we could expect the water in the Bay to be sucked out by Rita and pushed in front (NE side) as it goes ashore. That's why I keep watching the water level at the fishing pier. It's down about 1 foot from this morning, and hopefully it will just suck the whole lake dry - I need to recover some tackle from the bottom out there anyway and that would be a good chance to remove some other obstacles. No rain here at all, just some breeze. Conversely, if Rita jogs south a little, I'll write my social security number on both arms with a Sharpie so you can sort me out of the pile. More later as the situation develops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home