Big Gene's Bait Camp

Dilapidated apartment on Clear Lake. One old man and his master, Krispy the Cat. Photos of Galveston Bay from Seabrook Flats at various times, and also Clear Lake.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

SJL IKE GONE - NOW OWN TO THE REAL PROBLEM - CITY HALL


Finally got some power restored (actually pretty fast). It went out 11PM Friday nite and came on at 5PM Sunday. Centerpoint, the power distribution company, reports that it will take several weeks for everyone to be restored, and since Seabrook is now a "disaster" area, I cannot come back to my house if I leave it. More guestapo tactics by Seabrook PD. Somehow it must be for the common good, but I fail to see how denying people access to their property is good for anyone except the looters More on that later).

All's well that ends well. Lots of work left to do, and whether I want to admit it or not, guess I'm pretty lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home